Budget and Salary/Compensation Transparency Reporting
Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on its website within 30 days after a board adopts its annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to that budget. The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate to our community on how we utilize the resources that are provided to us.
The following information is required to be posted on our website.
a. A chart of personnel expenditures broken down into the following subcategories:
1. Salaries and wages; 2. Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and long term care benefits; 3. Retirement benefit costs; 4. All other personnel costs
b. A chart of all district expenditures, broken into the following subcategories
1. Instruction; 2. Support services; 3. Business and administration; 4. Operations and maintenance
3. Links to all of the following:
b. Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district. Medical/Benefit Plan Bids.
c. The audit report of the audit conducted for the most recent fiscal year for which it is available (see attachments on bottom)
4. The total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the superintendent of the district or intermediate district and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000.00
5. The annual amount spent on dues paid to associations
6. The annual amount spent on lobbying services
7. Any deficit elimination plan or enhanced deficit elimination plan the district was required to submit under this article.
8. Identification of all credit cards maintained by the district as district credit cards, the identity of all individuals authorized to use each of those credit cards, the credit limit on each credit card, and the dollar limit, if any, for each individual authorized to use of the credit card.
9. Costs incurred for each instance of out-of-state travel by the school administrator of the district that is fully or partially paid by the district and the details of each of those instances of out-of-state travel, including at least identification of each individual on the trip, destination, and purpose.